Monday, June 4, 2012

THE KIDS ARE BACK!!!

The past week and a half have been a ton of fun; the kids have come back and I have been playing soccer and just hanging out with them everyday. It is so great to have the kids back, I have missed them so much. It was awesome to have some of the kids remember my name. I loved seeing the 3 boys that I sponsor: Karthik, Balakumar, and Sanjay. I will post pictures of all of them once I get a battery charger for my camera.
We watch movies with the kids every Saturday night and it is a lot of fun. The past two Saturdays we have watched tamil movies and it is awesome to hear the kids laugh at curtain points of the movie and get romba excited when the "hero" is about to beat up the bad guys (those scenes are pretty funny). Its great to just sit back and just chill with the kids. I can not explain how awesome these kids are, they are just the best!
This past weekend I went to Puducherry with all the volunteers. It was nice to get off campus and rest a little. A couple of the long term volunteers and I got some Italian food at a restaurant on top of a roof and it had an amazing view, I wish I had a picture. The cook/owner of the restaurant was this older Italian man that has been living in India for 30 years and he was super funny and played us a bunch of "american music" for us (Ali I think you would have liked this guy lol).

2 comments:

  1. i love that you went to an italian restaurant :) that must've been quite the view on top of it! Post more pics and stories for us, please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this is great!!!


    Kind regards

    Benson Massey
    benson@abishtravels.com
    http://www.abishtravels.com

    Tel: USA +17 47 224 7491
    India + 918586035491
    Find us on FACEBOOK
    Skype: abishtravels

    ReplyDelete