Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Construction Day 2!!!

Yesterday Dr.Susan came up to me during playtime with the kids. She told me "be careful for what you wish for" and boy was she right. She later went on to say she has a real project for me. This project was to help with the second story construction on the "Green House" (the green house is where I am living now because the sessions are too large for me and Dane to live where all the other volunteers are living). We started at 0900 and ended at 1600 which is a couple hours longer than we normally work for. Our job was to move the 5 towers of bricks up to the second floor. We did not just do a ton of work today we did a couple tons of work today. How I am able to write this now in a miracle, i really should be asleep; I am that exhausted! I am so happy to have a real project but man standing outside in the sun for 6 hours throwing bricks is a lot of work. I just hope that I can keep up the hard work for the rest of the summer!!!

2 comments:

  1. Carl, I love how you worked so hard in the heat of the day and still came up with a smile:) Go, go Carl. Find the miracles in life. I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brick throwers we all are! Pros! YESSSS.

    ReplyDelete