Wednesday, June 13, 2012

First Day of Construction

Oh man today was crazy! The title of my blog says it all "TII". Today was just one of those days where you feel that you are going to lose it. It started with me running around at 8:45am trying to gather all the supplies needed for the projects that were planned for the day. I was told that the supplies would be ready the day before but of course that did not happen and I spent about 45 minutes preparing for the projects. Then we started doing the projects, which were cleaning out some storage rooms and organizing them (i was not too thrilled about the projects).
At first I thought the projects we were doing were just busy work and not very important (and I feel that is what the volunteers thought too), but then I had a meeting with Dr. Susan (she is the director here on campus and is pretty much in charge of everything). She was telling me that the work we are doing is needed and not just busy work. This is taking some weight off of her and the 2 yard workers here on campus. 
Before today I was a little upset that we were not doing a true construction project at one of the colonies for this session. But then I realized the only reason I was upset is because I had "expectations" from last year that we would being building bathrooms or some other project. What we are doing on campus does make a difference for the staff at rising star but also creates a cleaner environment for the kids here at rising star.

No comments:

Post a Comment