Thursday, May 24, 2012

One Week in India

I went out with the Medical team 2 days ago to a tribal village that was suppose to be only 3 hours away but it ended up being 5 lol. It was a long drive but it was really cool to see the tribal village. The village was pretty remote, after the long drive we had to walk about 30 minutes to get to it. This village was beautiful, it was in the jungle and had small mountains on both sides. The people here live very simple lives and it was awesome to learn about these people and there way of life.



I did not do any of the medical stuff because they already had enough people, so I was free to walk around the village and just talk to people and see how everyone was doing. All the villagers were super nice and were giving us a bunch of food. I was given a mango that I would call not ripe yet, so it was a little tart. They also cut open a ton of coconuts (which was funny because some of the volunteers did not like coconut water).



The pictures above do not show how beautiful this place was. It was just so awesome to see a place like this.

Yesterday a couple of us long term volunteers went of campus at Rising Star and walked down the road to the neighboring village. This is the first time that I have done this and these people are super. One of the older boys that goes to Rising Star for school told us that Kala was staying down the road (Kala is a house mom at the hostel for the kids). I was so great to see her again, we talked for a little and I asked her about her two sons that are both on missions and she said they are doing great. I am getting super excited for the kids to come tomorrow! I cannot wait to play soccer and just hangout with them! They are all so super. 

3 comments:

  1. Good job Carl.... Can you let me know the village name you went to? Would really like to drive up to that place when I'm in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eskay the name of the village is Kovil Kollai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting a few photos. The second one is so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete