Friday, June 29, 2012

India is Amazing!!!

Let me start by saying "India and Rising Star are both amazing", I love them both! The past couple of weeks have been great. We just got done with session 1 and they were an awesome group! It was really sad to see them leave. I hope all the groups coming are as amazing as them.

It has been an eventful couple of weeks, we went to Mamallapuram, there was a fire behind campus, I got to go with medical to a colony, and I went to education.


Mamallapuram was a ton of fun. I hungout with some of the other long-term volunteers. We went to a restaurant called Moonrakers and I got some yummy butter chicken (one of my favorite India dishes). We also did some sight seeing and went to the shore temple and the Five Rathas. Then we went to the resort called "Ideal Beach" and just hungout at the pool and worked on my tan lol.


It was really cool to finally get off campus for a change and go to one of the colonies with medical. This colony was only about 30 minutes outside Chennai. I remember it from last year and I remember a couple of the leprosy patients. One of the leprosy patients was dancing and singing and then said a prayer in tamil. It was so awesome to see that he appreciated what we were doing there. I remembered this man from last year and he still has the same attitude, he is amazing. 



This is the view of the beach from the shore temple in Mamallapuram, it was so amazing!

 The shore temple is pretty cool, I believe they said there are 6 more but they are underwater!


When your allowed to sit and take pictures on really old ruins, you have to do it. GO BULLS!!! AT the five rathas in Mamallapuram.



 Me and some of the long-term volunteers at the five rathas.


So this is part of the fire that was right behind campus/behind the house im staying at...


This is how close that fire got to setting a giant pile of leaves/ palm leaves on fire. If that pile would have caught fire so would the house im staying at... It was a miracle that it stopped just a couple of feet away...


No comments:

Post a Comment