Sunday, May 20, 2012

Church in India

Yesterday I went to Church in Chennai and it was super cool. They just got a new building within the last couple months. The old building I went to last summer was underground (kinda weird), but the new building is super nice and has 3 floors. It is a very pretty building.
They talked a lot about going to the temple and I just love hearing these people talking about go to the temple. They have to sacrifice so much here in India to go to the temple. The closest ones are in Hong Kong and the Philippines. Many of them have not gone but there are 3 families that are making the trip to the Hong Kong temple this week. I love the enthusiasm these people have about church (I feel this is how church is suppose to be).
Some other exciting news is that India is getting its first Stake soon! It will be located in Hyderabad, India (Its in the state north of Tamil Nadu in Andhra Pradesh. Approximately 400 miles northwest of Chennai) .  This is a major step for the church in India and very exciting for the members here.

Today the medical session starts so that is very exciting! And the kids come back to school at the end of this week! I am roomba ("very" in tamil) excited for this!

1 comment:

  1. I am roomba excited for you! Wish i was there. Thanks for blogging the experiences. we want to see some pictures!

    ReplyDelete